fbpx
Monday, 10 September 2018 15:14

ANNOUNCEMENT KUWAIT

Local banks announces holiday for Islamic new year

Kuwait The local banks will be closed tomorrow Tuesday, September 11th for islamic new year, the banks will reopen on Wednesday, September 12th

ghhgkghkhg.JPG

Manila: The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) will extend all possible assistance to a Filipina domestic helper in Kuwait being held by authorities there for allegedly stabbing her employer.

In a statement, the DFA said the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is assisting the distressed household service worker from Maguindanao and is in touch with Kuwaiti authorities investigating her case.

“Our Embassy in Kuwait continues to look after our kababayan Ulambai Singgayan and is coordinating with authorities to ensure that her rights are protected,” Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs Sarah Lou Arriola said.

“Ulambai and her family here in the Philippines have our assurance that the DFA will provide her with legal and other assistance that she may require,” Undersecretary Arriola said.

The Undersecretary said that as soon as the Embassy learned about the incident, it dispatched a team to the hospital where Ulambai was being treated for injuries inflicted on her by members of her employer’s family.

According to the initial information gathered by the Embassy, Singgayan was beaten up after she allegedly stabbed her employer who had allegedly threatened to have her visa revoked and move her to another house where she would be killed.

Chargé d’Affaires Charleson C. Hermosura said Singgayan had visible bruises in her face, chest, and arms. An x-ray conducted in the hospital also showed internal bleeding in her abdomen

Chargé d’Affaires Hermosura said it was not immediately clear if Singgayan had been maltreated by her employer prior to the stabbing incident. He said Singgayan was deployed to Kuwait as a household service worker in February 2017.

Chargé d’Affaires Hermosura said Singgayan is facing felony charges and is currently under hospital arrest.

Sunday, 09 September 2018 22:52

ANNOUNCEMENT : KUWAIT PUBLIC HOLIDAY

CSC announces holiday for Islamic New Year

Kuwait The Civil Service Commission CSC announced that Tuesday, September 11 will be a public holiday to mark the first day of the Islamic New Year 1440

u5urytrjyr.JPG

Customs officers at Kuwait Airport have arrested a Citizen in possession of Hashish stuffed in a piece of cigarettes, the passenger who arrived from Spain was referred to the concerned authorities

41303391_2152866298081360_8937953030330908672_n (1).jpg

d8a7d984d8a7d8b9d8aad8afd8a7d8a1-d8b9d984d989-d988d8a7d981d8af-d985d8b5d8b1d98a-d981d98a-d8a7d984d983d988d98ad8aa-d8a8d988d8add8b4d98a.png

Kuwait: A Citizen has been sentenced to 17 years in jail for assaulting an Egyptian national, the supermarket cashier got beaten by a buyer in Al-Shuwaikh area in December 2017, The Criminal Court which convened today ruled in favour of the Egyptian “Wahid”, acquitting him from any charges.

New York:  A 25-year-old Indian man was among three people killed when a gunman opened fire in a bank building in the US city of Cincinnati before police shot him dead on Thursday.

 Pruthviraj Kandepi, who hailed from Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh, was killed when 29-year-old Omar Enrique Santa Perez from the town of North Bend, Ohio, opened fire at the headquarters for the Fifth Third Bank near Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati, police said.

 

 India's Consul General in New York Ambassador Sandeep Chakravorty told news agency PTI that the Consulate is in touch with the police, Kandepi's family as well as members of the community.

 An official of the Telugu Association of North America (TANA) said that Kandepi was working with the bank as a consultant.

 Arrangements were being made to send his body to India, he added

The other two victims were identified as Luis Felipe Calderon, 48 and Richard Newcomer, 64.

 Five people were shot, some multiple times, in the incident, they said, adding that the gunman felled in a shootout with officers.

 According to the Cincinnati Police Chief Eliot Isaac, officers responded to a 911 call around 9:10 am local time about an "active shooter" at the bank.

 The gunman was shot multiple times as four police officers approached him and he died at the scene.

 He had a pistol and more than 200 rounds of ammunition, Isaac said, adding that the gunman was not a former or current employee of the bank

 He had gone to several businesses before going to the bank, he said.

 Perez had opened fire in the building's loading dock before continuing into the lobby area and firing more shots, Isaac told reporters at a televised press conference.

Friday, 07 September 2018 11:36

Wataniya Airways suspended for three months

Kuwait City – The Kuwaiti authorities have suspended the permit allowing Wataniya Airways to operate for three months as from the 5th of September.

Minister of State for Housing Affairs and Minister of State for Services’ Affairs Dr. Jenan Boushehri announced the three-month suspension which was taken by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.

The civil aviation authority has announced the measure after the expiry which was addressed to Wataniya Airways on the 25th of August to regulate its situation.

“Wataniya Airways has neither made a tangible overhaul of its services nor introduced immediate reforms to operations, thus negatively affecting the national aviation sector and Kuwait’s image abroad”, said the minister.

She said that the airline had prejudiced passengers’ interests, adding that the company had been notified repeatedly and given more than one opportunity to no avail.

Boushehri said that the Aviation Department would discuss with Kuwait Airways Corporation the possibility of taking over Wataniya operations’ network.

She underlined the efforts exerted by the Foreign Ministry, the embassies and consulates for aiding Wataniya’s stranded passengers to re-schedule their bookings and arrange their residency.  

Aviation Authority extended help to more than 1,500 stranded passengers whose flights on Wataniya aircraft had been cancelled since August 26.

Friday, 07 September 2018 11:34

Kuwaiti family faces charges over fake degrees

Kuwait City – Four Kuwaiti nationals from the same family are facing a lawsuit over suspected fake degrees they had obtained from an Arab country.

Their wives are also under investigation in connection with the same case.

They admitted to obtaining fake degrees and using them to secure promotions and financial advantages at their respective ministries.

Citing a security source, alqabas said that an Arab expatriate had helped them obtain the fake degree.

The siblings and their wives were referred to the Public Prosecution to be questioned and face charges.

854245-1.jpg

Kuwait City-An American national suspected of dealing in drugs is under investigation in Kuwait.

The suspect, who works under contract with the US military base in Kuwait, is accused of selling all types of drugs to students. 

Initial investigation revealed that he targeted mainly male and female students enrolled at foreign schools and universities, as well as the European and Asian expatriate communities. 

The anti-narcotics officers arrested him in an undercover operation and seized drugs worth KD1 million, in addition to other cash money in Kuwait and foreign currencies, gold chains, watches and other valuable items. 

The officer, identified as “Eric B”, received the gold chains, watches and other valuable items from foreign students in exchange for supplying them with drugs, mainly in the governorates of Al-Ahmadi and Mubarak Al-Kabeer. 

He confessed to smuggling the drug undercover of the consignments shipped to the YS Army in Kuwait, exploiting a serious security loophole. 

Interior Ministry Assistant Undersecretary for Criminal Security Affairs Major-General Khalid Al-Dayeen gave directives to refer the suspect to the Public Prosecution and launch an inquiry. 

The suspect, who was born in 1970, lived in the neighbours of Al-Manqaf. He was caught red-handed as he was selling drugs to an undercover anti-narcotics officer near his house. 

The anti-narcotics and liquor squads searched his accommodation and seized 6 kilogrammes of marijuana, 250 grammes of pure cocaine, a scale, KD40,000, 47,000 Pesos, a big quantity of gold chairns, watchers and neckalces and 8 bottles of imported liquors. 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will address a detailed report to the US embassy in Kuwait about the case of the suspect, nicknamed “The Emperor” among his customer.

Friday, 07 September 2018 09:43

Filipino maids dancing on a street

Filipino maids dancing on a street in Bayan district, Kuwait / SUMMER JAM

UUOIYOIU.JPG

Prev5678...1011121314Next
Page 10 of 228