A Jet Airways morning flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to turn back soon after the takeoff, as out of 166 passengers on the plane, atleast 30 suffered nose and ear bleeding in mid-air due to a drop in cabin pressure. According to an official statement, the incident happened after the crew forgot to switch on the system that maintains cabin pressure.

 

According to the NDTV, as soon as the pressure in the Jet Airways flight dropped, the oxygen mask came down and some passengers started to feel dizzy, and some complained about a headache. Deputy Director General, Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Lalit Gupta said, “The 9W 697 Mumbai-Jaipur flight was turned back to Mumbai after take off as, during the climb, crew forgot to select switch to maintain cabin pressure. This resulted in the oxygen masks dropping. Thirty out of 166 passengers experienced nose and ear bleeding, some also complained of headache.”

Soon after the flight was turned back to the Mumbai airport, the passengers were quickly rushed to the doctors for medical aid.


Passengers on Social Media

Many Jet Airways passengers posted images from inside the plane. The pictures showed oxygen masks being deployed for the passengers and a few passengers even posted pictures wearing safety gears.

Jet Airways’ response

Confirming the incident, Jet Airways spokesperson in a statement said that the B737 aircraft landed normally in Mumbai and all the passengers are safe. “All guests were deplaned safely and taken to the terminal. First aid was administered to a few guests who complained of ear pain, bleeding nose etc,” said the statement.

It further added that the flight’s cockpit crew has been taken off scheduled duties pending investigation. Showing deep regrets about the incident, the Airways also said, “The airline is making alternative flight arrangements for guests on this flight. Jet Airways regrets the inconvenience caused to its guests.”


Not an isolated incident

This is not an isolated incident where passengers had to suffer due to the sheer negligence on the part of the airline companies. Just a few days ago, an Air India pilot narrated one of his worst nightmare over a brief radio message.

After the flight’s all three Instrument Landing System (ILS) receivers on board malfunctioned, the pilot says, “They are stuck, and there is no fuel”. However, piloting the nine-year-old Boeing 777-300, the senior pilots averted a major tragedy on September 11.

In another incident, three passengers, who complained about mosquitoes in an IndiGo flight from Delhi in April this year would be paid Rs 40,000 each. The order came after the consumer disputes forum in Amritsar took note of the complaint filed by these three city lawyers.

Recently, Jet Airways was also pulled up by a Bengaluru Consumer Court for overcharging a passenger for an economic class ticket and for losing another passenger’s bag. Both the passengers were offered compensation. The incident happened in 2015.

 

Soirce: thelogicalindian

The EU on Tuesday announced an emergency aid package worth two million euros to help victims of typhoon Mangkhut in the Philippines.

The funds will be given to humanitarian organizations already working in affected areas and "will address the most urgent needs of the communities stricken by the typhoon", Efe news reported.

 Image result

"The EU is supporting those in need in the Philippines, many of whom are suffering the devastating effects of the cyclone," said European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Christos Stylianides.

"Our contribution will provide shelter, emergency relief items distribution, water and sanitation, food security for the most vulnerable among those who have lost their homes," he added.

The European Commission's emergency satellite mapping service Copernicus was being used to map the most affected areas and a humanitarian expert had been deployed to assess the needs on the ground, according to the statement.

On Tuesday, the death toll due to Mangkhut climbed to 74 in the Philippines as rescue teams continued to search for dozens of people buried in an abandoned mine, which collapsed owing to landslides.

Mangkhut, the strongest typhoon of the season, had lashed parts of Luzon island on the northernmost tip of the Philippines on Saturday.

 
Friday, 21 September 2018 10:29

ANNOUNCEMENT KUWAIT PUBLIC HOLIDAY 3 DAYS ON

857130-1.jpg

Al-Anbaa newspaper quoted sources as saying that the holiday of the Prophet's Muhammad birth will be 3 days and will be held on November 22, 23 and 24 .

Thursday, 20 September 2018 13:40

Saudi leaders hold talks with Pakistan PM

Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud held talks with Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan who arrived in Saudi Arabia on his first state visit overseas, according to SPA.

The two leaders reviewed the close relations between their two countries, the prospects for their development and strengthening in various fields, as well as the latest regional developments.

Saudi Crown Prince, Deputy Premier and Defence Minister Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud also discussed with the Pakistani Prime Minister historical relations between the two countries and ways to enhance them.

In statement to the media, he said that Pakistan “will always stand by Saudi Arabia whenever it faces difficult times”, stressing special relations binding the two countries.

Thursday, 20 September 2018 13:30

Pakistan PM Imran Khan on UAE visit

Image result

Abu Dhabi: Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan on Wednesday arrived in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), for the last leg of his two-nation tour.

He was received by Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Shaikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan at the Abu Dhabi airport. Khan is expected to hold talks with the Emirati leaders on Thursday (September 20).

Earlier in the day, the cricketer-turned-politician, who is undertaking his maiden foreign visit as the Prime Minister, met Saudi King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Riyadh.

Khan had also visited Jeddah, where he was accorded a ceremonial reception and King Salman hosted a banquet in honour of the 65-year-old leader and his delegation. They also undertook a pilgrimage visit to Mecca.

Thursday, 20 September 2018 13:21

Five lawyers jailed over loss of court files

Five lawyers were sentenced to one year jail terms each in connection with the loss of important court files, Al Qabas reported.

The Criminal Court also sentenced some employees working with the Ministry of Justice to ten years in prison and ordered their dismissal from service.

Seven other defendants, including a woman, were sentenced from one to seven years in jail. A lawyer who was suspected of involvement in the case was acquitted.

The Criminal Court convicted them all of involvement in the “loss” of files related to a real estate company accused of conning customers.

The Public Prosecution had charged them with hiding the files from the court in collusion with employees, bribery and money laundering and referred them to stand trial.

Thursday, 20 September 2018 09:54

Lebanese authorities just banned 'The Nun'

Lebanese authorities just banned 'The Nun' for religious reasons

In yet another controversial decision, Lebanese authorities have just banned the new supernatural horror film The Nun from screening across the country.

The movie - which tells the story of a priest and a young novice sent by the Vatican to investigate the suicide of a nun in Romania - was deemed "offensive to the Christian faith" by Lebanese officials.

"We received a verbal confirmation from the General Security," Georges Asmar, founder of media agency Moviegoers.me, told The New Arab.

"Last Wednesday, the Catholic committee watched the movie and asked the General Security to ban it in Lebanon for religious reasons," Asmar added.

On Monday, March Lebanon - an NGO fighting censorship in Lebanon - said the ban has not been confirmed yet.

 The film, which has already been releasedin the UAE, has also been removed from Vox Cinemas' list of upcoming movies in Lebanon.

Furthermore, it does not appear on Grand Cinemas' or CinemaCity's list of upcomingmovies either.

Anis Tabet, a film reviewer in Lebanon, confirmed the news

 hfghfghfg.JPG

 

Not the only film to be banned for "religious reasons"

In August, Lebanese authorities pulledthe horror film Annabelle 2: Creation from theaters the night it was scheduled to premiere across the country. 

Movie theaters were askedto put the film on hold after Christian clerics expressed their objection to some of its scenes.

Censorship in Lebanon

In recent months, the country censored several local independent film productions and banned Hollywood blockbusters including Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

The ban on Gadot's film was hailed by many, given that the Israeli actress had once been a soldier in the occupying state's army and even commended a military attack on Lebanon.

However, there have been inconsistencies in the way such decisions have been made over the years.

"We need to highlight the inconsistencies with censorship in Lebanon and then its absurdity. There is nothing about this movie that [warrants] it being banned. It's kind of alarming and that's why we need to raise our voices to prevent this from happening," Lea Baroudi, the president of March Lebanon, told The Daily Star in January.

 

Source: By Leyal Khalife

timthumbhjh.jpg

Kuwait: A Filipina maid who went missing in Kuwait has been found inside a house in Hatteen area, a police source said on Wednesday.Ronalyn Yonting Lawagan was reported to have run away from her employer after working for 2 years was found inside a house in Hatteen area.
Earlier, the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait announced that the officials are looking for a missing ofw.

the Citizen and the maid will be sent next Sunday to the General Directorate of Residency for the investigation.

Tuesday, 18 September 2018 17:48

Husband strangles wife to death

Image result for Suicide

A 54-year-old Kuwaiti man killed his wife in the neighbourhood of Jaber Al Ahmed, according to Al Qabas.

The suspect assaulted his 48-year-old wife during a heated argument before strangling her to death.

The suspected killer then surrendered to the police who handed him over to the competent authorities for investigation.

He confessed to strangling his Kuwaiti wife to death following a heated argument, claiming that he had no intention of killing her.

Related image

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to pay an official visit to Kuwait next month.

Al Anba newspaper quoted a high-level diplomatic source, who confirmed the visit is scheduled for mid-October.

The same source said President Duterte would designate a new ambassador to Kuwait before he visits the country.

Former ambassador Renato Villa, who was declared persona non-grata and ordered to leave Kuwait, was appointed Deputy Ambassador in Washington.

Prev1234...678910Next
Page 1 of 223