Tuesday, 19 June 2018 01:48

2 Filipina housemaids found dead

Housemaids found dead in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, according to Department of Foreign Affairs

Two Filipina housemaids were found dead in Lebanon and in Saudi Arabia last week, according to the Philippines' Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

The DFA said on Monday that the the Philippine missions in Beirut and in Riyadh are closely coordinating with investigating authorities "to see to it that there was no foul play in the deaths of the two Filipina domestic workers

Citing initial reports, the DFA said that the two housemaids — one from Cagayan and one from Agusan del Sur — took their own lives.

"We are deeply saddened by the news that two of our kababayan reportedly decided to take their own lives while working abroad and away from their families," Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said.

"Our thoughts and prayers to the loved ones they left behind."

Cayetano assured the families of the two housemaids that the DFA will extend the necessary assistance to them, including the repatriation of the remains of their deceased loved ones as soon as possible.

The OFW in Lebanon was found dead on June 11 while the OFW in Saudi Arabia was found lifeless at her employer's residence in Al Hasa, some 350 kilometers from Riyadh, on June 12, according local media in Manila.

Source: Gulfnews

Dfl2IkvWAAAJSqp

The cabinet of the United Arab Emirates, chaired by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the U.A.E. and ruler of Dubai, adopted a number of strategic decisions over foreign workers’ insurance in the private sector, as well as a legislative package of visa facilitation.

jjjj.JPG

= UAE Cabinet announces decision to abolish mandatory bank guarantee for labour recruitment and replace it with a low-cost insurance system.

= New visa facilitation procedures for visitors, residents, families & people overstaying their visa also adopted.

= UAE exemption of transit passengers from all entry fees for first 48 hours approved. Transit visa extension for up to 96 hours for a fee of Dh50.

= Cabinet decision grants people overstaying their visa a chance to leave the country voluntarily without a “no entry” stamp on their passport.

= New 6-month visa to be introduced for job seekers who overstayed their visa but wish to work in the country. Temporary visa to enhance the UAE’s position as a land of opportunities, a destination for talents and professionals.

= UAE grants those who entered country illegally a chance to leave voluntarily with a ‘no entry’ stamp for 2 years, if they present return ticket. 

= UAE Cabinet allows individuals wishing to adjust or renew their visa to do so for a fee, without having to leave and re-enter the country.  

= UAE Cabinet adopts resolution on empowering ‘People of Determination’, enabling them to equal access the job market. 

A source at the Kuwaiti Interior Ministry said Wednesday that the ministry will look into the conditions of Syrian and Yemeni detainees and will deport them to their country if they are in violation.

Al-Rai newspaper quoted the source as saying that "one of the most prominent measures to remove any Syrian or Yemeni resident to his country immediately and for the public interest is to violate the laws in the country or commit a crime according to the rule of Kuwait's interest and security, which is more important than any consideration. To put any surrogate. "

"Those who do not respect or apply the laws of the State of Kuwait will go to his country, even if he is in a war."

He added that "the situation in some Arab countries that were experiencing wars" has become almost stable, "especially in Syria."

The source explained that "in the past the Syrians were excluded from deportation as a result of what they are going through their country, and taking into account their humanitarian situation, and for that was lifted deportation orders and canceled by the Ministry of the Interior."
He pointed out that "the competent committee to conduct a comprehensive study of the cases of those awaiting deportation from the detainees in the Department of deportation headed by the Attorney General Counselor Mohammed Rashid Al-Duaij, issued its report on the implementation of these controls and forwarded to the Ministry of Interior for implementation.

The Syrian government denies that some Syrians reside on its territory through a visit visa.
More than 146,000 Syrians, most of them residents before 2011, have been living in Kuwait, who have worked to bring their families into the country following the war in Syria, through visit visas in the hope of giving them permanent residence or residence.

Source: Syria News Official

Wednesday, 13 June 2018 19:19

DUTERTE TO VISIT KUWAIT

Related image

The President of the Philippines Rodrigo Duterte intends to visit Kuwait to express gratitude to the Kuwaiti government for taking measures to protect Filipinos working in the country. In a report published on cnnphilippines.com Tuesday, Duterte was quoted as saying: “I am going to travel to Kuwait to thank them because they practically gave in to my demands.” Duterte disclosed his demands included granting workers one day off each week, allowing them to hold their passports and mobile phones, no body contact between employers and workers, and allowing the workers to cook their own food. Admitting that he was harsh in the early stages of talks with Kuwait, Duterte pointed out, “They let my cursing pass.” However, Duterte did not announce the date of his visit to Kuwait.

Kuwait and the Philippines signed an agreement last month, stipulating the implementation of a system for Kuwaiti authorities to regularly inspect or monitor the situation of domestic Filipino workers.

The agreement specified Kuwait’s Department of Domestic Labor as the institution in charge of settling disputes between the employers and Filipino domestic workers. Kuwait also agreed to provide legal assistance to workers and they will not pay for judicial fees at all levels of proceedings. In another development, GMA News reported online that 59 Filipina domestic workers from Kuwait returned home Monday evening in line with the ongoing repatriation program, which is part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by the two countries to protect Filipinos working in Kuwait.

Previously, Labor Secretary of the Philippines Silvestre Bello III announced the repatriation of 644 distressed Filipino workers in Kuwait; whereas Labor Attaché Resty De la Fuente said more than 300 Filipinos are expected to return home before the end of this month.

According to De la Fuente, the number of Filipino domestic workers who escaped from their employers during Ramadan this year was remarkably lower than the yearly average of 20. He attributed this decline to the employers’ higher level of awareness of the labor requirements for Filipino domestic workers such as fair treatment and adequate rest period.

 
 

India’s federal police has asked Interpol to help locate and arrest billionaire jeweller Nirav Modi, who is at the heart of a $2-billion-plus bank fraud case, a federal police source said on Monday.

Three source said Indian police had asked Interpol to issue a “red notice” arrest order. The Financial Times reported on Sunday citing Indian and British officials that Modi, who police have charged in relation to India’s biggest banking fraud, had fled to the United Kingdom claiming political asylum.

Punjab National Bank, India’s second-largest state-run bank, said earlier in 2018 that two jewellery groups headed by Modi and his uncle Mehul Choksi had defrauded it of about $2.2 billion by raising credit from other Indian banks using illegal guarantees issued by rogue PNB staff.

Modi and Choksi, who have both denied wrongdoing, left India before the details emerged and their whereabouts is unknown. Their passports have since been revoked.

Indian federal police filed charges against more than 25 people in May including Modi, Choksi, former PNB chief Usha Ananthasubramanian, two of the bank’s executive directors and three companies belonging to Modi.

59a1d70e-08e6-46c8-bb9e-7de7aacae4a7.jpg

The General Administration of Civil Aviation has approved the travel season ahead of the start of the summer holiday and Eid holiday with a number of measures that will facilitate the travel of departures and arrivals, and relieve pressure and congestion at Kuwait International Airport.

Civil aviation procedures, including the introduction of automatic baggage inspection, the introduction of the first two passenger and transit passenger visas, the introduction of automatic passenger baggage and the installation of new baggage inspection equipment.

Improved services:
The report pointed to a number of improvements to airport services with the aim of reducing the load on Passenger Terminal «T1».

One of the most important mechanisms mentioned in the report is the reduction of additional flights and the increase in the volume of aircraft, as well as the opening of the passenger terminal of Jazeera Airways (T5) recently, which will reduce the load on the T1 terminal by 15% operating card up to 2.5 million passengers annually, and the transfer of a number of companies Economic Flight of Sheikh Saad Abdullah Building.

The report noted the operation of the passenger terminal T4 operating card up to 4.5 million passengers annually allocated to Kuwait Airways and is expected to run on July 25 next.

New Services:
As part of the improvement in the level of services, the report referred to the early delivery of bags outside the airport building for Kuwait Airways and Jazeera Airways, and the commissioning of a summer 2018 team to support civil aviation personnel to organize and assist passengers, as well as setting up information counters and passenger services in weight areas, Self Boarding Card Self Check in.

The report pointed to the creation of two new halls, the first to issue 500m2 passenger visas, the other for 500m2 passengers, the addition of a service for the delivery of passengers arriving at home at a symbolic price, and the installation of an external umbrella on the exit bridge with water sprinklers.

Restchairs:
According to the report, there has been an increase in the number of seats for the passengers and the elderly in the areas of weight and arrivals lounge, and the implementation of the system of automatic luggage inspection of the weight areas 2 and 3, which contributes to the easing of security inspection lines, waiting and raise the level of security inspection and accuracy, Areas of weight 1 and 4 to areas of weight 2 and 3 in case of failure of the security services.

The report referred to the implementation of customs inspection system of the Customs Service through the installation of new equipment to inspect the bags of passengers arriving outside the Customs Hall and before receiving the passengers, which will facilitate the exit of passengers coming from the customs hall and increase the operational capacity of the arrivals hall and raise the level and accuracy of customs inspection, Cooling and air conditioning systems in the T1 passenger terminal, as well as the modernization of the T1 terminal.

Search bags:
The report pointed to the increase in the number of hand baggage inspection machines for passengers departing from 5 to 9 inspection devices, in addition to the work of 4 entrances to the transit area, the entrance of passengers citizens and the GCC countries. The entrance of foreign passengers, the entrance of the first class passengers and diplomats, the entrance of the crew of aircraft, not to mention the launch of awareness campaigns for passengers through social media to notify the passengers of the latest developments and the renewal of 4 existing chapels and the establishment of 6 new chapels in the Arrivals Hall.

Sunday, 10 June 2018 17:23

Kuwait Announces Eid Holiday

Kuwait The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announced that Eid al-Fitr holiday would be 4 days from Friday, June 15 to Monday, June 18, government bodies will resume work on Tuesday the 19th of June

34881918_2011852435516081_523190917176229888_o.jpg

Video: Man commits suicide in Masjid al Haram
 
dgfdgfg.JPG

MECCA- A Muslim pilgrim who was on a tour to the Holy land of Saudi Arabia ended his life by jumping from the roof of the Grand Mosque in Makkah to the ground floor of the circumambulation nave (Tawwaf area).

Though there are disputed reports about the origin of the faithful, however, a leading Saudi portal Ajel reports that the deceased was a 26-year-old French convert.

 
The media spokesman for the police of the Makkah region detailed that at 9:20 pm on Friday, the youngster jumped from the roof of the Grand Mosque generally labeled Haram Sharif by the Muslims, to the ground, which caused his death immediately after his fall.

“He was transferred to the hospital, and the completion of the procedures, and investigate the reasons for the jump, despite the presence of iron fence to protect the entire perimeter of the surface,’ he added.

The motive of the individual – who took his life just feets away from the Holy Kaabah – is still under the wraps, however, investigations are underway.

Previously in Feb. 2017, a man tried to light himself on fire inside the complex but was prevented from doing so.

Saturday, 09 June 2018 02:25

Letter mulling Modi assassination seized

Letter talked about working to consolidate ties with like-minded people, political parties and organisations across the country

New Delhi: A letter discussing a plot to assassinate Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a “Rajiv Gandhi-like incident” has been found at the house of a person arrested over links with Communist Party of India (Maoist), Pune police informed a court on Friday.

“Pune Police have intercepted an internal communication by the Maoists, in which it has been revealed that they were planning a ‘Rajiv Gandhi-type’ assassination of PM Modi. The police recovered a pen drive, a hard disk and some other incriminating documents from the house of one of the five people arrested on Wednesday for links with banned CPI-Maoist,” Pune Joint Commissioner of Police (CP) Ravindra Kadam told journalists.

The arrested persons are Dalit activist Sudhir Dhawale, lawyer Surendra Gadling, suspected Maoists Mahesh Raut, Shoma Sen and Rona Wilson. The letter was recovered from the house of Wilson, a member of the Committee for Release of Political Prisoners.

Public prosecutor Ujjwala Pawar told the court that the letter talked about the urgent need for Rs80 million to procure M-4 rifles and 400,000 rounds of ammunition.

“We are thinking along the lines of another Rajiv Gandhi-type incident. It sounds suicidal and there is a chance that we might fail but party must deliberate on our proposal,” Pawar quoted the letter as saying.

It said that Modi-led Hindu fascism was bulldozing its way into the lives of indigenous tribals.

“In spite of big defeats like Bihar and West Bengal, Modi has successfully established Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments in more than 15 states. If this pace continues then it would mean immense trouble for the party on all fronts. Comrade Kisan and a few other senior comrades have proposed concrete steps to end the Modi-era,” the letter read.

The letter addressed to one ‘Comrade Prakash’ mulled the idea of targeting Modi’s roadshows.

“Targeting PM Modi’s roadshows could be an effective strategy. We collectively believe that survival of the party is supreme to all sacrifices. Several leaders from secret cells as well as open organisations have raised this issue very strongly,” the letter further added.

It talked about working to consolidate ties with like-minded people, political parties and organisations across the country.

On Friday, all five accused appeared before the sessions court, which remanded them in police custody until June 14.

Reacting to the news, BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli said it was a “very serious matter.”

“It is known that Naxals are under pressure. It is sinister and dangerous. Many of these elements tend to link up with mainstream parties,” Kohli tweeted.

Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s security was the top priority of the government and a reported Maoist plan to assassinate him was a hollow threat.

“Security of the Prime Minister is the top priority. Maoists are fighting a lost battle. The Maoist insurgency has considerably come down,” the Home Minister said.

“At present, the Maoist insurgency affects just 10 districts and it will end soon as has been done in the Northeast where insurgent violence has been contained and brought down by 85 per cent.”

Meanwhile, Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Sitaram Yechury expressed confidence in the security agencies investigating the matter.

“The security agencies are doing their work. The court is hearing the matter. Let the court decide,” he said.

Minister says crackdown victims were drug dealers even as human rights activists contest the claim

 

Dhaka: More than 100 alleged drug dealers have been killed and thousands detained in Bangladesh in the past fortnight in a Philippines-style narcotics crackdown that has raised concerns about extrajudicial killings.

Police said ten more alleged traffickers were gunned down in the early hours of Tuesday, some in shootouts with police and others in so-called gang wars between dealers.

A total of 102 suspected traffickers have been killed since Bangladesh launched an aggressive war on drugs in mid-May to smash the surging trade in yaba, a cheap pill combining methamphetamine and caffeine.

"We are saying that this war will continue until we bring it under complete control," Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan told AFP.

Around 12,000 accused dealers have been arrested and tried in special courts since the crackdown began on May 15, with many handed jail sentences of seven days to six months, he added.

Khan said there was "no question" that those killed were drug dealers, despite allegations by rights groups that innocent people had died. "Most of those who were killed had guns. They opened fire as soon as they saw the police," he said. "They are not good people. There are 10 to 12 (criminal) cases against each of them."

FAMILIAR TABLEAU. This photo taken on May 18, 2018 shows the dead bodies of Bangladeshi alleged drug dealers after a gun battle with law enforcement in Chittagong. Photo by AFP

But the National Human Rights Commission this week expressed "grave concern" at the mounting death toll and sounded the alarm over alleged extrajudicial killings.

The Rapid Action Battalion, an elite police unit in charge of the sweep, said all 24 people killed by its forces were "top drug traders" but provided no evidence.
One of those killed was a councillor from Teknaf whom supporters say had no involvement with drugs.

RESISTED ARREST. This photo taken on May 18, 2018 shows a gun next to the dead body of a Bangladeshi alleged drug dealer after a gun battle with law enforcement in Chittagong. Photo by AFP

The rest died in late-night shootouts with police or shootouts among themselves over turf and drugs, officials said.

Among those killed on Tuesday were two alleged kingpins apparently found dead by police after a so-called drugs war in Jessore district, local police chief A.K.M Ajmal Huda told AFP.

"We found the bodies after the gunfight between two rival groups of drug traders," he said.

Bangladesh has struggled to contain the trade in "yaba", with hundreds of millions of pills entering the country from Myanmar.

Authorities last year seized a record 40 million pills but said an estimated 250-300 million others entered the market.

 
Prev1234...678910Next
Page 1 of 188